Welcome

Welcome to my 3-Day for the Cure blog where I discuss my experience training, fundraising and walking in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure. I'll be walking in my third 3-Day, this year in San Diego with my teammate Julie, who I met back in 2009 on the walk. I love sharing stories, challenges, frustrations and successes here and really enjoy hearing back from all of you.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Motivational Monday - Fortune Cookie Inspirations

On the second night of the 2010 3-Day, to celebrate my 29th birthday, my boyfriend picked up some P.F. Chang's take-out and we had a dinner at home (sorry to everyone who enjoyed camp food in the rain) with walking partner Julie and my parents. The dinner ended with the perfect fortune cookie which said, "Tomorrow will be your day to lead others. Be inspirational." We carried this fortune with us for the last day of the 3-Day, inspired during the hardest moments, remembering that we walk not just for survivors, and not just to raise money for breast cancer research, but we also walk to help inspire others to join the 3-Day movement.

Who have you inspired and encouraged to participate in the 3-Day?

2 comments:

  1. This year my sister and I will be joined by my teenage son, my sister's two daughters, and our brother. We are walking to honor our mom/granny a 12 year survivor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful news! I love to hear how 3-Day walkers are always encouraging others to join in the fight. This year my teammate and I are trying hard to convince our boyfriends to join our team! Good luck to you and your expanding team!

    ReplyDelete