Welcome

Welcome to my 3-Day for the Cure blog where I discuss my experience training, fundraising and walking in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure. I'll be walking in my third 3-Day, this year in San Diego with my teammate Julie, who I met back in 2009 on the walk. I love sharing stories, challenges, frustrations and successes here and really enjoy hearing back from all of you.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Training Tuesday - Or Trying to remember when my last walk was...

In order to be a better blogger I am trying to create a schedule for my 3 Day blog. This is still a work in progress, but I’ve committed to writing a “Training Tuesday” post each week. Today is Tuesday so despite the fact that I didn’t do ANY training last week, you still deserve an update.

I started training a couple weeks ago for the 2010 3 Day. So far I have done a handful of walks that average between five to seven miles. Other than last week when I was sick, these walks have felt really good and well paced. I’ve done the Torrey Pines hill a couple of times already and do a lot of my other training at the San Diego zoo, which has some great hills.

All in all, I feel great about the 3 Day, however I do struggle with finding time to do my training walks. While trying to manage working full time, taking marketing classes for my job, working on my history masters thesis, and trying to stay on top of my normal work out routine, it is really hard to find time to do long training walks. Every time I decide to do a training walk it means there is something else that I should be, but won’t be doing. Any advice out there from all of you super busy, yet well-organized people?

No comments:

Post a Comment